Lets take a stroll to the small City Museum of Cagayan de Oro. The location is close to the San Augustin Cathedral and beside the Gaston Park of the City.
Originally used as a water tank/reservoir for the municipality of the old Cagayan de Misamis, this infrastructure was constructed in 1921 when the water source of Cagayan de Oro was still coming from Malasag. In the late 1950s, NAWASA (National Waterworks and Sewerage Authority) took over the water system and stopped using the water tower. Thus, the cylindrical building was abandoned until then-Mayor Constantino Jaraula came up with the idea of renovating the tank and making it the city’s museum in 2008.
The water tower survived World War II bomb attacks and this paved the way for the city council to name it as the oldest structure standing in CDO.
For more information of the story: